Singapore Chicken Recipe

I finally a home owner, we know what it is like to be Singaporean women.
The pampered, sheltered girl, whom most foreigners like nicknamed Singapore counterpart or stereotyped.

I think most Singaporean guys like to downgrade their females in the sexist comment.
Same goes for my man, Ronald. However, I think he is the tradition Chinese guy whom like to do that, and pushed me to be a better person. Ironic? I think not.
He has been teasing me that I do not know how to cook for ages. And I have been pushing off for ages, saying, when I get my house, I will learn how to cook.
I think it got pretty bad, when I started to self doubt myself, looking at all my friends, whom has forte , strength? What do I have?

I got down to buying the chicken.

THE CHICKEN
  1. Chop Chop, chopping the head chicken. It was pretty sad thing to do, I see the half closed eyes of thechicken. I was hesitant to chop, but I needed dinner right? So I went ahead with it. CHOP!
  2. Washing insides of the chicken was nasty and pretty disgusting. (Get over and get done it)
  3. Massaging the Chicken with sea salt, subsquently, rubbing fine salt over the glinting chicken and the inside of it.
  4. Putting the spring onion and the garlic and ginger.
  5. Boiling the chicken for 5 mins , I transfer the chicken to narrower but taller pot that allows the water to cover the entire chicken. (Left over broth). It means that a pot that cover the chicken in the first place. Left the chicken to boil , make sure switch to low fire after the bubbles start to appear.
  6. Frying the garlic and the ginger, chopped the both
  7. Washed the rice, and took the left over broth when transfering and poured into the pot of rice , together with fried giner and garlic. Add the pandan leaf.
  8. THe chicken should ready by now after 1/2 hr , use a fork to poke it, poke poke. If it's poked through. It should be ready.
  9. Start choping again!!! If it is your first time chopping hide the ugly chopped chicken beneath the garnishing!
  10. The broth should come to a good use as soup, add a little salt, taste it and it would be ready to serve.
Ta Da ----- beaming with pride

 
Thank you to my bff Tracy whom help me with the rice. Owe her a few kisses.

Singapore woman, learn to cook.
Men's stomach is the way to keep them. *evil laughter*

signing off : Ade

Comments

Popular Posts